Saturday, December 6, 2014

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop

For the second year, I decided to participate in Lori Anderson's Bead Hoarders Blog Hop.  This is a great way to motivate myself to use beads I've been hoarding for a (long) while.  This year, I chose several beads out of my stash to create this necklace.




The green bead at the top and the brown one below the wooden bead are from Heirlooms in Glass.  The pinecone is a glass bead I picked up a few years ago at a local craft fair (unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the artist), and the red leaf is by Elaine Ray.  

This came together so easily.  I was afraid the green bead mixed with the red leaf might make it a bit too Christmas-y, but I don't think that's the case.  I strung this on a simple copper chain--anything else felt like overkill.  

I'm very pleased with the results and I think it will be a staple in my wardrobe this winter.

To see what everyone else made, hop on over to Lori's blog at prettythingsblog.com.

21 comments:

  1. This is a delightful and very wearable necklace. I''m a huge fan of copper so that may make me a little biased. :) I too worry about pairing red with green sometimes and trying not to make it look Christmas-y. This piece looks nature inspired and rustic, with no particular holiday theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rustic. Wearable. And I love copper. Perfect everyday every season piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute necklace. I am sure that you will be wearing it a lot and receive lots of compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet design! I love the woodsy feel to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable necklace ! Really cute and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Looks like that would be an easy to wear piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice color combo, simple but with flair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the color combination, and I'm sure you know Elaine Ray isn't making beads any longer, so it's extra special!



    Thank you so much for participating, and don't forget to post your pieces in the special Pinterest board, http://www.pinterest.com/limamike/bead-hoarders-blog-hop/, and join the Facebook group (also welcome to your friends) www.BeadSoupCafe.com -- hope to see you at other hops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this type of stacked design but can't manage it myself, Stephanie. These look like they really belong together... lovely style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your design highlights each component, and I like that you kept it simple. Makes those beads pop, especially the glass pine cone. It's a very charming necklace, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the simplicity of your design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fitting for the season. Your necklace is terrific. Well done. I hope you have a lot of occasions this season to wear your new necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful and a wonderful go-to necklace. I always worry green and red will be too seasonal, but this isn't at all. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful necklace. I love the simplicity of your design and the beads go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely necklace...a great go-to piece to wear everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Stephanie, Great job. Your necklace feels very natural and wearable to me. The pinecone is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the simplicity, color combo it is lovely and that pine cone is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely fabulous fall design. I love it. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete